and he is OURS! So much to remember, so much to write, so much JOY! You sure you want to read all this? Here we go... we were 5min early this time but our little guy and our two foster moms still beat us. We got out from the rain, walked in to the building and there he was just right at the door. He seemed to recognize us but he first turned and walked to our foster mom. BUT before I even got my gadgets out, he ran to UD and raised his arms up to be picked up! How sweet of a welcome that was! And I don't have it on video or photograph! Stink! But it truly was a sight to see. So we waited a little bit for our SW to come down and back in to the rain we went. We walked to an Italian restaurant and ate yummy food. My "how many years" family would appreciate all the shells I ate with my spaghetti. UD carried our son to and from the restaurant. He tolerated that well. Our current foster mom (Mrs J), bless her heart was already having a hard time keeping her tears down. Our son apparently knew something was up because he got really clingy to Mrs J. So back to the meeting room we went... a teeny tiny room with 2 small couches with pretty blue covers. Thanks to fellow AP's, I had a list of questions to ask Mrs J through our SW (who speaks very fluent English). Questions went from nap habits, eating habits, likes and dislikes, temperament and those kinds of things. Not sure how long that went on but it exhausted our video camera battery. Towards the end of my list, I asked her what she would want for us to tell our son about them. She took out a letter she had written for our son; our SW read it out loud to us and tears just started FLOWING. Our son is SO loved by our foster mom. I cannot imagine how she can do this so often. She has such a big heart for our son and she told us our son is her favorite. We are so honored and so thankful for Mrs J. It was very evident how much love she had for our son. We then gave her our gifts and she seemed to really appreciate the pendant we gave her of our son. This was a pic of him she sent us wearing his traditional Korean outfit called, hanbok. She looked at my letter, which I had translated by our friend SB and she mentioned how she appreciated the translation so much. So thanks SB! This whole time we were talking, my busy body was being his usual Mr busy body... in to a lot of things. Good thing the room was teeny tiny. Mrs J. kept track of him the whole time we were talking. So then we went downstairs to see the doctor for the last time - with our son leading the way. It was funny... he knew exactly where to go and what to do. In fact he gave the MD some lovins and the nurse sat him on the little stool and after a quick ear check, eye check, lung and heart check he was set to go. Clean bill of health for our little guy! So we hung around some more saying goodbye to the nurses and staff... well it was more like our son making the rounds one last time. We also said goodbye to our first foster mom - she took care of him for three weeks. She is neighbors with Mrs J so she's been around our son this whole time. She and Mrs J love our son so much.
We went back upstairs to the meeting room, UD signed only ONE measly sheet of paper and he was ours!
After all that mountain of paper work and what seemed like forever wait for EP submission, he is finally ours! Mrs J then asked me if I had an "Ergo" - a back carrier. And I said, uh no but I have one that's a front one made by halmoni (GM). Uh, that wasn't good enough, bless her heart. She graciously gave us hers saying this was one she bought for our son and this what he was used to. She is just so very sweet.
She wanted to change our son's diaper for the last time, and so she did. Then UD bent down, I picked up a tired and worried son (by this time), stuck him on UD's back and tried without success to figure out how to use this Ergo. I turned to Mrs J for help and she ran to my rescue with so much tears in her eyes. I cannot say this enough... we are so very thankful and blessed to have had Mrs J for our foster mom. I gave her one more last hug and off we went in to the rain again this time with our son on UD's back.GM stayed little longer to console Mrs J. Thank you GM. So we walked on home with our son CRYING his heart out. I felt so bad for the guy, I almost lost it then. This was in the rain by the way. That 10 min walk seemed to last FOREVER! We got in to the guest house, went upstairs, found out we forgot to pick up our key! Imagine that! So I hurried on back down, got the keys, got some layers off of our son, UD got the bottle that Mrs J had prepared for us already, gave it to our little guy and he took it gladly. We also gave him his favorite pillow, and we both laid down with him and watched him fall asleep. Heaven :) We praise and thank you Lord for who we have in ours arms right now. We strongly believe you have picked out our son just for us. We thank you for being in control all this time and always. We thank you for getting us through what seemed like a long wait for a child. But not a long wait in your time Lord. May you be glorified in our lives.
Oh, i have no words, but tears. Praise the Lord!!!
ReplyDeleteSo terribly sad for the foster Mom, but so lucky for you that she loves him that much! VERY VERY happy for you and David, this trying time will pass, only blue skies ahead. Can tell by your faces how happy you are, I think you are glowing:) Can't wait to see you all!
ReplyDelete