By God's grace, time is ever so close for us to go pick up our little guy. Today we found out our little guy is getting his visa interview - the last step prior to THE CALL - the life changing travel call. I have set up this blog for family and friends to journey with us to Seoul Korea when we meet and finally get to hold our little guy forever.
I am grateful to so many people for lifting us up in prayers - good and bad times. My family, hubby (UD)'s family, church family/friends, coworkers, patients and neighbors. Through this adoption journey, UD and I (AC) have met 2 other adoptive parents/couples and we have cherished their friendship and encouragement so much. We hope to keep in touch forever.
We are so grateful for our little guy's birth mom - for choosing life. In choosing life, she has given us our little guy. We pray she would find peace in her decision. I cannot imagine how difficult that decision was... no matter what circumstance she was in. I pray a blessing on her. Our little guy has been with the same foster parents since June of last year. We are so grateful to them for opening their homes to orphans like our little guy. Thanks to our foster family for doing all the mundane but crucial part of nurturing during our son's first year of life: diaper changes, cleaning up after toy/food messes, cleaning up slobber while teething, wiping off snot, sleep deprivation. Though we are envious, we are thankful that they got to be there to see our son through his first time of crawling, wobbling, and walking and running on his own. We will get our chance of having so many firsts with our son. In the meantime, thank you dear foster family for loving and caring for our son during his first year of life.
I cannot promise that I'll be updating this blog frequently at all after we come home with our son. But in the meantime, stay tuned for updates while we are in Seoul.
Hang in tight little guy! We love you and are coming to get you in God's time.... soon, soon, I pray.
AC
AC, i found your blog!!! We are so excited for all of you and can't wait to finally meet JD! God bless you all as i know He will.
ReplyDeleteI think that in the absence of your real name, AC is a very good substitute :) Miss you all already!
ReplyDeleteShaina