This
past weekend, my side of the family received a profound blessing from
a group of people we barely even know. They got together and
collected 4 huge boxes worth of clothing, food, house and personal
use necessities to give to one of my brother's family whose house got
flooded out just before Christmas. By God's grace, he and his family
are safe and are living with my parents for the time being.
We
cannot thank these people enough for their generosity – cheerful
and eager generosity.
I
am not one to step out of my comfort zone but today I am. These
people and 2 of my adoption friends have encouraged me to write this
post. Laura and Christina (Chris) are treasured friends I know God
provided for us during our adoption journey. Now that their kids are
home (from China and Korea) they have embarked on a new adventure
with the Lord. Please visit Chris' blog today: Mission Opportunity
and
GIVE. There... I said it. After I read Chris and Laura's emails,
I
wrote back and said something to the effect of (me) not being eloquent
with words. And Chris put me to place and wrote back something to the
effect of, “those aren't my words, those are God's” She had
prayed about it and asked for God to speak through her. And I believe
her. Just read her blog (Mission Opportunity) which has part of Laura's email in it.
At
our home church, we just happen to be studying 2Corinthians chapter
8. This chapter and the next is all about GIVING. So you see... God
has already paved my to this post.
Give
and let the Lord take care of the end result of your gift.
But just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us - see that you also excel in this grace of giving.
2 Corinthians 8:7
AC
No comments:
Post a Comment